Monday 23 November 2015

meet challenge member: Amanda Hunt

Amanda Hunt

1. Your name, location
Amanda Hunt, Sydney

2. Describe your family
My hubby is a Pastor at a Congregational church here in Sydney. I have two primary school aged daughters. We have Lewis the lab cross, George the cat and six chooks!
by Amanda Hunt

3. Describe your work
I have been painting in oils for many years but love to draw and paint using many mediums including watercolour, acrylic, charcoal, watercolour pencils, pastels and copic markers. Whatever suits the image I am trying to create is what I use. I paint everything from landscapes to portraits as well as smaller works on paper which are more illustrative.
by Amanda Hunt

4. What is your career goal?
Ultimately I would love to illustrate a children’s book. I would also love to have an exhibition of my oil paintings one day and be able to sell them more regularly.
by Amanda Hunt

5. Describe your art background
Originally we are from Perth in Western Australia which is where I grew up. We moved to Sydney nearly four years ago when my hubby was employed here as a Pastor. I spent around four years studying art, including a BA Arts (painting) in WA before I had my girls. One of my greatest influences was the time my hubby and I spent as missionary teachers in the west African country of Niger. We were there for a year but the experience was important for my worldview, our understanding of another religion and culture and what it’s like to live somewhere else. Often Africa comes out in my paintings.
by Amanda Hunt

6. What do you love about the Challenge? What have you learned?
Before joining the challenge I was already painting every day but my goals were more for entering art competitions. These became expensive so this year I have only entered a few. The challenge allows me to have a weekly goal which forces me to think outside my usual box. This has taught me once again to try new things, to think on my feet at times (when time is pressing for an image) and to try subjects I wouldn’t otherwise try.
by Amanda Hunt

7. What is your favourite illustration you have done for the challenge so far?
Week 22 Childhood, watercolour on stretched paper.
by Amanda Hunt

8. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
I teach two art classes out of our church hall and at the moment I’m the only teacher and do all the setup, preparation and pack away each week. It’s all worth it though to see the looks of achievement on people’s faces.
by Amanda Hunt

Follow Amanda online
Website: http://ahhunt.wix.com/amandahunt


Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AmandaHuntKeLu/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Amanda_At_Home

Instagram: painterpw

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/AHHunt74/

Redbubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/kelu/shop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.