Monday 10 August 2015

meet challenge admin - Lisa-Marie Kerr

Lisa-Marie Kerr

1. Your name, location
Lisa-Marie Kerr, Brisbane

2. Describe your family
There is my incredibly supportive hubby Shawn, who (thankfully) believes in and supports every crazy idea I come up with. Gotta love him. Ryan is 20 and a pilot – he could fly a plane solo before he could drive a car, craziness! Caitlin is 18 and in the Army and then Mia is 8. She is my earth angel. My family is my everything.

Week 32 2014: PSYCHEDELIC by Lisa-Marie Kerr


3. Describe your work
Ever changing. I have had over 10 different careers in my life so far. I am a constantly evolving creature. Drives me nuts, but inspires me at the same time. At the moment I work part time in a gorgeous gift boutique, and I have just launched my business “Bear and Sparrow” a children’s décor range that I designed and am having a local carpenter make for me, and I am a career coach for teenagers by trade. So a jack-of-all-trades, master of none as they say.

4. What is your career goal?
Right now in this moment it is to launch “Bear and Sparrow” and to have it become a household name. I would love to be featured in an interior design magazine for it. I dream of the pieces I design being treasured by families for years to come and handed down from generation to generation. I would love to own my own manufacturing plant here in Australia for my pieces and support Australian workers by being 100% Aussie owned, designed and made.

Lisa-Marie's new children's decor range logo

5. Describe your art background
None! Ha! I just draw/create from the heart. I have done an interior design course before, but that is about it. Art for me is my soul therapy. I don’t draw as much now for the challenge, but I am constantly drawing designs for my décor range. I think I was always a creative at heart, but until I started the challenge last year I kept it suppressed.
Week 15 2015: VIETNAM by Lisa-Marie Kerr


6. What do you love about the Challenge?
Oh easy! The people. Or should I say friends I have made. So many beautiful like-minded souls that I have been blessed to be connected with. I was so lost when I stumbled on to the challenge. In a very bad place emotionally. It literally saved me. The people, the support, the inspirational work. This challenge is very special. I feel like I owe a lot to Tania for following her dreams and as a result inspiring me to reconnect with mine. Words don’t do my emotions justice in response to this question. Thank you Tania and Nicky for all the work you have done, and continue to do with the challenge.

7. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
2 years ago I wrote and self published a book “Get Job Ready: a teens guide to getting their first job”. It is currently in over 500 libraries and schools in Australia and I was interviewed on “Sunrise” with Mel and Kochie about it. That’s my 10 seconds of fame!

Week 30 2014: SYDNEY by Lisa-Marie Kerr


Follow Lisa-Marie online:

Website: www.bearandsparrow.com.au

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bearandsparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.