Wednesday 13 May 2015

lynn tait picks - week 18: ART DECO

In celebration of 'Mother's Day' in Australia, we decided to invite Challenge member Lynn Tait to be in charge of choosing the Blog Picks for this week's theme ART DECO.

Lynn is a grandmother to eight grandchildren (Team Tait) who have been participants in the Challenge since 2014 - the perfect candidate to represent all our fabulous Challenge mothers and grandmothers celebrating 'Mother's Day' this week.

Thank you Lynn for jumping at the chance.....

'Team Granny' are so honoured to be asked to choose the picks on what has been Mother's Day for many of you this week. Thank you so much Admin for trusting us with such and important and memorable job, it was such a surprise.

As I only post the grand children's work it seemed appropriate for them to all choose their favourites as they are an important part of the Challenge family. A responsibility they have all taken seriously.

When I look at any artwork, the decision as to whether it 'makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up', is made in the flutter of a heart beat.

As this week was Art Deco, I could not be more thrilled as it is my favourite theme to date and I have been looking forward to it all year.  I also thought it was so important that everyone kept to the ethos of the Challenge by strictly keeping to the theme, so all the artwork that has been chosen has met this criteria.

Congratulations to everyone who researched the subject in the spirit of the challenge and moved out of their comfort zone. The artwork has been a feast for the eyes and I am totally in awe of the talent in this supportive and inspiring group.

Thank you so much lovely artists who have given me so much pleasure day in day out over the last 18 months. The Challenge has been such an important part of my life during my long illness and I have been so touched by everyone's kindness to me. I feel so privileged to be part of this unique group and the icing on the cake was 'choosing the picks'.

Lucky old me, I feel so blessed.
Lynn


Akemi Ito

Amanda Hunt

Andrea England

Anne Green

Anne L-y So

Annette Feming

Annie Hamilton-Grundy

Belladonna Raudvee

Birgitta Eriksson

Cara King

Chrystal Rankin

Gary Dadd

Ian McLean

Isabeau Jane

Janet Murphy

Jess Rackyleft

Joyee Neogi

Katharine Harper

Kathleen Potter

Katie W Stewart
Kim Bergstrom


Leonie Cheetham

Lesley McGee

Lex McKay

Louise Harland-Cox

Margaret Dewar

Marie Laure Fontan

Maureen Ann Lacey

Michele Kempees-Lewis

Michelle Freeman

Nicky Johnston

Nicole Trapnell

Peter Papamanolis

Raffaella Picotte

Sonya Oyston

Sophie Pittaway

Tania McCartney

Teena Raffa-Mulligan

Vickie Stokes

Yvonne Soh
Annie O'Dowd

Jill Butler

Joanne Stead

Ramona Davey

Samantha Cohen

5 comments:

  1. Omigosh! Hi Lynn! What a fun Mothers' Day honour - and what a beautiful array of art to deliberate upon - and my RT-Deco droid is among your picks! I'm thrilled! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled to see your choices, Lynn! Love love! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art Deco was a real challenge and the artwork that has come out of it is amazing - delighted that my Opera house poster is in the selection, thank you Team Tait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tickled pink to see my work and that of my Facebook friends in your selection 'Team Tait'. Well done everyone and thank you Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks! Thanks so much for picking mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.